Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Morning Walks

I take a walk almost every morning, very early. I like early morning walks. There is a river in my neighborhood and I follow a route that meanders around the shoreline. Each morning the scene is new with the sun just rising or the moon just setting. The water might be crystal clear or if there is a bit of wind, choppy with whitecaps. The wildlife, mostly waterfowl, are busy finding the first of the new day's meals.

My Best Friend is my walking partner. I recommend walking with a Best Friend. The walk is so much easier and much more fun.

Some days my BF and I chat the entire walk. Actually I think I do most of the chatting and BF does most of the listening. But on the rare day BF does the majority of the talking, I give my best listening.

And some days neither talk, but both are lost in thoughts unknown to the other.

I don't think the Proverbs 31 woman walked, as she was busy in the fields. But I think the result was the same, time for quiet and meditation. Time for the deep fellowship with one and The One,who are beloved.

If you can spend some time walking, I say do it! It brings health to the body and riches to the soul.

No comments: